A low calorie broccoli soup. My husband and I enjoyed it with cheesy bread.
A Country Living recipe.
- 1 package baby spinach
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 0.50 medium Sweet onion
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 4 c. packed fresh broccoli florets
- 0.50 c. heavy cream
- Greek yogurt
- lemon zest
- Snip end of spinach bag and microwave 2 minutes or until wilted. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
- Sauté onion in melted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in stock; stir in broccoli. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in wilted spinach and cream. Process soup with an immersion blender (or carefully in batches in a blender) until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Greek yogurt and lemon zest.