The easiest. I use tube garlic, six cups of broth, canned diced tomatoes and whatever spinach I have. I used 15 oz straight from the freezer last time and it was delicious. When I serve this as the entire meal I double the tortellini. Goes great with cheesy bread.
A food.com recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini or 1 (9 ounce) packagedried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.